Dear chess friend,
Welcome to the website of the European Corporate Chess Championship 2022!
Please find below some general information about the tournament. Further information is available in the official invitation.
Registration is now open. You can register your team via this link. The registration deadline is 31th May 2022. However, please note that we have limited seats available at our venue (the luxury cruise ship James Cook) and we advise you to register as soon as possible.
We look forward seeing you and your team in Rotterdam, and we would like to wish you an enjoyable, successful Championship.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
On behalf of the organising team,
Jeroen van den Berg
- The European Corporate Chess Championship 2022 – played under the auspices of European Chess Union – will take place from 17th to 20th June 2022 in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- The tournament will be played on a luxury cruise ship of Royal Spido (named James Cook), while sailing in the Rotterdam harbour.
- The event will be played in 9 rounds, Swiss system, with time control of 15 minutes for the whole game, plus 5 seconds of an increment starting from the move one.
- Corporate entities are represented by 4 main players and 1 optional substitute player. Guest players are allowed, but each round at least two players of the team should have an employment (or similar) relationship with the company. Furthermore, rating limits apply: each round at least one player below 2000 ELO should play and a team may only have one player above 2400 ELO.
- The event will start on Saturday 18 June 13:00 and will continue on Sunday 19 June at 10:30. The closing reception and prize giving ceremony will take place at Holland Casino Rotterdam (18:30).
- The Team registration fee per team is 600 EUR and includes: the Organizing fee and the ECU entry fee, and furthermore: tea, coffee and water in the playing hall, a deluxe sandwich lunch on Sunday 19th June, and the closing ceremony reception with free drinks and canape.
- The total prize fund of the Championship is € 6.000, with € 3.000 reserved for the Winner of the event. Special awards and individual medals will be also offered.
- All players and guests are invited to stay in Bilderberg Parkhotel Rotterdam. Special rates are provided for the Championship. You can make your reservations via this link.